Wednesday 30 July 2014

Gushes of Exhaustion

It is with an [eager] caution
that I lower myself into distraction
A tight lipped surge into home grown parodies
foreign treasures glinting in drenching moonlight
Silence so complex - unbreaking except for the barely audible lust
tiny whispers soothe fragile and lonely hearts
while salty rain quenches an accommodating thirst.
Drowned in exile, bathed in need.
Single tulips dance in a breeze not unnoticed;
its gushing compliments encouraging further ado.

It is with an [enchanted] bewilderment
that I allow myself to take flight into the wind
Scorching clouds my fingertips and
bellowing salutations to the elated leaves.
Tired feathers sprout excitedly from air dried skin
the scents of desired prey tickling their sensors.
Swooping nose dives; unnecessary danger.
Bringing the world to a halt in order to pluck a crystal dream
from the oil slickened sky.

Caves and shocks speckle the moon's surface
as it drowns in sunlight and clinking milk bottles
Magical yet familiar - a refreshing contradiction
and once again I soar emphatically blind
towards the visible orb
teasing layers of dust with experienced hands.

I fall hopelessly yet willingly into a restless sleep
A never ending quest for wants, satisfied
As the sun rises I descend ever deeper
into a night-sky that enthrals me with seductive kisses
and sparkling winks.


No comments:

Post a Comment