Sunday 17 January 2010

All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye

Headlights catching
in the fogs of forgotten yesterdays
with a [memory]
susceptible to the longings for truth
Pleas for help
get lost in the translation of missed dates
Bitter-sweet endings drag the slurping rejection
forward

[enveloping] every image of warmth

I m i s s y o u

Slicing daggers destroy
the foundations I am built upon
blades dicing
through the aspirations of our (my) naivety
screams e c h o
from beyond the snow laden grounds
a distinct sound of a gruesome and violent loss

and the blood [drips] still

I m i s s y o u

Songs are sung
in a choir of destruction and tyranny
Crescendos of impacted lives
[and snubbed cliques]
Pillows soak the remnants of everything that was
misplaced words produce salted and unwanted thoughts

[Conquering] every hope that lives on

I m i s s y o u

A hero demoted in an instant of sheer humiliation
his cape hung
on the hooks of fear and regret
Eyes burning
through the mist of tears and saliva
A degradation so intense,the burns refuse to heal

[Replacing] the smile I love(d)

I m i s s y o u

A soul left battered
for forensics and the undertakers
A life
no longer mine
[but no longer yours]
Death by misuse
[and sheer abandonment[
Track marks left in my skin for once
Gyrating war-cries rip the tense air
A seething face left
to haunt my every wish,

my every need,

my every.. you.

A soldier killed for going MIA
and awarded a
medal of hatred
Total disregard
for suffering
and
captured flaws
A punishment
deserved
yet totally uncalled for
Poisoning today
with infringements of trust
stitches holding together the seams of who I am

and yet..

Still..

I m i s s y o u







No comments:

Post a Comment