Sunday 21 December 2014

So this is goodbye.

The feelings which pour from me so effortlessly when you are around can be locked away into hiding once and for all. You, kid, will forever be a huge part of my life but it's now going to be two adventures instead of one. You taught me how to trust - how to put someone else before myself in every way. You fixed parts of me which I thought were beyond repair and made me feel almost whole again. For the briefest of times I felt like I was no longer alone.

I love you. Wholeheartedly and unconditionally. I always will to some degree. Youre the single most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on and l will never regret the incredible time we had together. Part of me will remain yours until the day I die and there is no one I would rather give it to.

I miss you. I miss how your skin smells as you fall asleep in my arms and how your neck tastes in the morning. I miss the beat of your heart in your throat and how you could ease my mind without even knowing what I was thinking. I miss how no matter where we were, my fingers could find comfort between yours and showing you off as my world.

You were my everything. You were the air that I breathe, my sun, moon and stars. You made the world a less scary place. More than that, you made my mind a less scary place. No amount of words will ever be able to truly express how grateful I am for that.

So, this is goodbye. Goodbye to what we were and what we could have been. Goodbye to stolen kisses and knowing looks. To tangled limbs and disappearing hours wrapped up in our own bliss. This is the saddest goodbye to a future under the stars.

This is also hello to you being my best friend. I will forever be here to help you back on your feet should you take a fall. I will forever have enough faith in you for the both of us. I will see your true beauty when you aren't able and love the parts you dislike the most. Whenever you need someone l will be right here waiting.

We have a challenge on our hands, beautiful. We both need to find our way home.

So this is goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment