Sunday 4 July 2010

Broken Guarded

Deceivingly strong hands
so soft
so graceful
capable of destruction

t e a r i n g my soul apart
y a n k i n g me from the seams
t y i n g me in knots

seductively unravelling
every hidden [guarded]
belief

sending me into a dive
losing control
on a wave of emotion.

tears fall.. your eyes
piecing me back together
throwing me a lifeline
collecting my debris
your sentiments becoming my glue

yet still...

I step uncertainly
not knowing
not wanting to know
what comes next

shards of everything
[I once knew]
poking through my skin
protecting me [guarding]
from all that has yet to come

Mismatching fragments
rebuilt
with matching figments
lopsided with concern
crippled with fear.

s i l e n t l y
I transform
yielding to extremes
too fragile
too strong
too hurt
too confident


[too broken]

No comments:

Post a Comment